Damage to a holiday home? Generali liability insurance takes the burden off your shoulders

Aug 2, 2016. Posted in Services, Produkte

Summer holidays are meant to be a time for relaxation. But sometimes things get broken when you're away from home, too. Should an accident occur in your rented holiday apartment, Generali personal liability insurance is there to help.

You've finally reached your holiday destination and are ready to relax. The kids are in the pool and the suitcases are unpacked. But on the very first day, your son breaks a window while playing basketball. And in the evening, you accidentally spill red wine on the white sofa. Personal liability insurance stops moments like these from spoiling your holiday.


The following tips can help to minimise the cost of damage:

  • Check your insurance coverage before you travel. What does your liability insurance cover outside of Switzerland? Are your family members insured if they unintentionally cause damage to third-party property?
  • Compile an inventory during the handover of the apartment with the owner and address any existing damage. Keep a written record of any agreements.
  • Document any damage you cause with photos and inform the owner.
  • Discuss how to proceed with the apartment owner. Do not carry out any repairs yourself or replace damaged furniture.


Personal liability insurance from Generali provides fast and easy assistance even when you're on holiday. Report any damage caused online